Personal Injury – An Overview
If an injury has caused you or a loved one physical pain, emotional suffering, financial hardship or lost income, the attorneys at Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP will effectively investigate the cause of your injuries and argue your case before with court with skill and sophistication. Our Personal Injury team has one focus: helping injury victims get the financial compensation they rightfully deserve.
The attorneys at Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP understand that any sort of accident, whether it’s caused by a distracted driver or a poorly made product, can change your life forever. Daily routines and employment can be disrupted and life’s savings depleted. Let our experienced attorneys give you the legal representation you need to get justice while you focus on your recovery.
Understanding Negligence and Personal Injury
Personal injury claims in California are often won by proving that the careless actions of another person or business led to your injuries. This may be done by showing the other party was negligent and failed to take reasonable care, or acted recklessly or maliciously. The attorneys at Kraft, Miles & Miller are knowledgeable on the technical and legal issues involved in personal injury and wrongful death cases, and recovering financial compensation for medical bills, pain and suffering, disability, lost earnings, and punitive damages.
Types of Cases We Handle
Kraft, Miles & Miller handles a wide variety of Personal Injury and Wrongful Death cases, including:
- Automobile and car accidents
- Trucking accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Injuries involving children
- Motorcycle accidents
- Head and brain injuries
- Product liability
- Manufacturer’s defects
- Premises liability
- Negligent security
- Slip & fall
- Burn injuries
- Work accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence
- Dog bites
- Spinal cord injuries
- Back and neck injuries
What Qualifies as a Serious Injury?
The following conditions justify litigation and entitle you to compensation from the party or parties at fault
- Emotional trauma, including mental anguish, anxiety, depression, and other psychological or emotional conditions
- Birth defects and birth injuries
- Loss of consortium (the loss of the companionship, society, comfort, and assistance of a person on whom you depend)
- Skeletal injuries, such as joint, spine, neck, and back injuries
- Fractures and dislocations of joints and bones
- Serious medical conditions, including seizures, cancer, and others
- Traumatic brain injuries, closed head Injury, and other brain damage
- Burn injuries of any type, such as those occurring in thermal, chemical, or electrical accidents
- Any other sort of serious or traumatic injury
You must act quickly to preserve your rights, as you usually must bring your claim within the statutory time frame in your state. In California, injury victims generally have two years after an accident to bring a lawsuit. Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP will aggressively preserve your claim. Our Personal Injury team is composed of relentless advocates committed to achieving favorable outcomes and just compensation for our clients.