Employment Law & Civil Rights Litigation – An Overview
The Labor & Employment Practice attorneys at Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP represent numerous private and public employers, including Fortune 500 companies and small businesses alike, in all phases of Employment Law. We also assist national companies with respect to international Labor and Employment issues, as well as international companies with respect to their U.S. operations. Controversies that involve allegations of employment discrimination because of race, sex, religion, disability, age, national origin, family and medical leave, and veterans’ status are a substantial part of the Firm’s Employment Law practice. Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP strives to provide our clients with the highest quality, most cost effective legal services. The success of our client relationships is founded on risk management combined with proactive and preventative counseling. Our firm counsels clients in these areas and defends discrimination claims before state and federal courts, state and local fair employment practice agencies, and federal agencies including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Kraft, Miles & Miller, LLP also has a strong team of lawyers experienced in plaintiff-side Labor and Employment Law. Our Labor and Employment Law team provides personalized attention and the highest quality of legal representation to each client, and works aggressively to ensure favorable recoveries. If you believe you were on the receiving end of discrimination in the workplace or if you have another Employment Law issue, call Kraft, Miles & Miller LLP to schedule a FREE CONSULTATION today.
Our client services include:
- Advising and representing employees and employers in all types of employment discrimination claims, including class actions.
- Defending wrongful discharge and other types of employment-related claims, including class actions, resulting from downsizing or other personnel actions, such as intentional infliction of emotional distress, defamation or fraud.
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts and severance agreements
- Handling administrative claims under the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII and other similar state agency proceedings.
- Proactively counseling and assisting our clients to avoid and, when necessary, resolve employment claims and utilizing Alternative Dispute Resolution programs to effectively mediate or arbitrate claims.
- Developing Affirmative Action Plans and assuring compliance with Executive Order 11246, the Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment and Assistance Act and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and including representation of our clients in preparing for audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs.
- Ensuring compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws, including determination of exempt/non-exempt status and handling audits by the Wage & Hour Division of the U.S. Department of Labor or similar state agency.
- Providing In-House training for supervisors on a variety of topics such as avoiding liability on employment issues, complying with the ADA and FMLA, and avoiding claims of sexual harassment.
- Appellate practice in which we represent clients in appeals before state courts, the National Labor Relations Board, the U.S. Courts of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.